Monday, January 14, 2008

First Day Back

YES!! Today was the first day back to both schools. Riley was so ready to go back, I’m telling you. He did great over Christmas Break, but when everyone started going back last week, he was a mess. Granted, had to sit on the toilet every 15 minutes and had cabin fever, but he was still a mess. Lots of stimming and repetition. Fun for a mommy to see. His worst day was Friday when Kristen came to see him. I felt so sorry for her and then I thought, “Wait, I’m the one that has to live with him. She gets to go home!” I say that only kidding, of course.

So, we told Riley that his new clinician would be Natalie and he said, “Natwawee” and I think it’s really cute. He gave her a hug today when he met her and went in to Early Class very happy. It only took 30 minutes for him to try to hit her. They were sitting in big circle and he didn’t want her to fix his book for him so he reached around and tried to hit her. Thankfully I had warned her so I think she protected herself. That’s when I decided to go run my errands. I refuse to be the crying mother in the gallery this semester!!

I did come back in plenty of time to see the rest of his day and he did pretty well. At the final circle time he was singing and dancing so great. He even raised his hands and shook them during The Boogiewalk! His talking was a little bit better today and I am hoping that tomorrow is even better. We have taken goldfish out of his diet and he asks for it everyday. I think he is craving one of the things that makes his mind so cloudy.

I also had to take his glasses back to the eye doctor today to get him new frames. He was angry yesterday and he twisted them until they broke into. At least they are only $25 to fix and he learned the word “broken”. On the not so bright side, he had to start Early Class without them. How hard is that going to be to get him to keep them on when he finally gets them? ugh

No comments: