Friday, January 18, 2008

Whizzing All Over North Texas

Yea! The toilet training last week was not done in vain. Riley has been going in bathrooms all across the metroplex. He’s gone at Early Class, Elementary school, gymnastics, restaurants, shopping malls, etc. Last night we were eating out and he looked at me and said, “bathroom”. He used to say this because he was bored and looking for a change. I obliged and took him and he went right away.

Now, there is a downside to going in other bathrooms across the country. The cup. He needs the cup to aim the pee inside the toilet. So, I apologize to janitors everywhere because you are cleaning up more than usual since Riley learned to go to the bathroom.

Also, he likes his privacy. I have to make sure that he is situated, which is hard to do if you have to keep clothes and shoes on and climb on the toilet, and then he wants me to step away from the door and leave him be. How am I ever going to teach him to aim if I can’t be in there with him? So, I am just hoping that when he gets used to going a lot, I can teach him to stand up and do his bizness.

I am so proud of Riley and I pray that the success continues!!

No comments: