Saturday, April 19, 2008

Jenny: Telling It Like No One Else Will

You gotta love Jenny! She gets to the bottom of what everyone else is hiding. I have learned so much from her and also from other mothers who have sons that are recovering (not cured!!) and are doing great. I was having a really hard time with things a while back and then, out of the blue, I get an email from my angel that I never knew existed! She had seen my blog off of another friends’ blog and had contacted me. I truly believe in the power of God and that He sent her to me! She has a son that is recovering and will go to Kindergarten next year! Amazing!! She is my encouragement because she has been through it and knows that there IS hope! Thank you so much, Lauryn. First, for reaching out to me, and secondly, for your wisdom, compassion, and inspiration! The world needs more people like you!

Riley had an appointment with our DAN! Doctor this week and also had the backscratch test. My mom went with us in case I needed her. I really enjoyed her being there with us. Riley’s back was too small for the whole test, so they just did the food portion of the test. The nurse took a sharpie and divided his back into three columns and then around 40 dots for 40 sticks on his back. It didn’t hurt him but he didn’t like the fact that people were messing with him and he couldn’t see what was going on. We were to stay in the room and wait for whelps on his back to pop up. He had fun playing in the room and the 15 minutes went by quicker than the 50 minutes that we waited to get into a room. It wouldn’t have bothered me but when we walked in, that same nurse was hanging around the reception area doing NOTHING!! Then all of a sudden she’s busy for 50 minutes? Come on!

Anyways, he is intolerant to dairy but peanut butter is okay and I am happy with that! The doctor said from one of his other tests, he should be allergic to lots more and they were probably chemicals or environmental factors. The main thing that he was worried about was the way that yeast was affecting Riley’s body. Read this article to learn more about that. This is the first time that we had been back to the Dan! Dr. since finishing all the tests so he was ready for Riley to start on anti-fungal medication. Two prescriptions later and 2 more supplements, I am hoping that we will tell a difference when the yeast starts leaving his body. I have heard GREAT things! Of course, we do have to take sugar out of his diet. Just more stuff he can’t eat.:(

Last night, Alan and I spent time with the kids. Kylie was talking so much about her trip and her day at school. Sometimes she IS Chatty Kathy. Riley was doing great things, too. When I asked him where everyone was he would tell me and point to them. POINT!! Are you kidding me? This is something he hasn’t done since Easter 2005!! He had a rough couple of days after things were injected into him with the test, but he was back to his new self last night and I was getting good conversation out of him.

The first thing that Kylie said when she got into the van at the airport was, “I want to see Riley’s back scratch!” I guess Alan had told his family and she had overheard. I love how she interprets things sometimes! I’ll post pictures of their trip this weekend!

No comments: