Thursday, July 27, 2006

BEANS!!

Today is alot better than the first of the week. Riles is not as clingy to me and whiny. The kids and I miss Alan and can't wait until he gets back from Mexico tonight. Also, Big Brother is on. Enough about me.

Anyways, it took Riley a little longer to get out of his room this morning. I don't know why he has trouble opening his door from the inside. He has just started opening every door in every room from the outside. The best is when he opens the bathroom and washes his hands for hours. He DOES leave on the water, too.

His big thing this week is playing with the beans. He can actually say "beans" and he said it many times when I was playing with him last night. It makes me very happy because "beans" is actually one of the first words that I tried to get him to say at 15 months. He LOVED jelly beans and so I tried my hardest to teach him that word. He would seriously look up at me and try to make a sound but couldn't. This is the first time that I thought that something was wrong. Of course, you always want to blame it on hearing issues. That's what I was hoping it would be.

So, back to playing with the beans. We have beans and little cups in a plastic container and he loves to scoop the cups with beans and listen to them falling back into the container. The only problem is that he is not confident with his scoops. He would rather me do it every time. So I make him do it, maybe some hand over hand and we have a great time playing together.

Then, I put him to bed, read his favorite book, "Goodnight Moon" and turned on his music. When I started to leave the room, he would whimper, so I sat in bed with him. He was so happy to have me there and would just look up at me and giggle. I got him to say, "mommy" a couple of times and sang to him. He didn't want to sing tonight, he just wanted to stare at me. It was one of those moments that I just couldn't walk away so I stayed until Kylie was screaming at me for one reason or another. Plus I had bearly showed her any attention.

It's just the little moments that I want to hold onto for forever. Like when he stares at me like, "you're my mommy and I love you!" or when he really wants something but can't get any words out. I know that I want him to grow up so he can start to understand and may actually be able to have a conversation in a couple of years, but right now is what I am going to miss. He is my sweet little boy and as different as he is, he is still loved and given to me for awhile to enjoy. I hope I can remember that and give him all the love, patience and kindness I can instead of thinking about the things he NEEDS to be able to do. Why did I EVER pray for patience????

No comments: