Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Day 2 Of The Potty Diaries

So, we are entering into the second day of the potty training...I’m just going to say it, I don’t care.....and I must say that today has it’s ups and downs but I am rather surprised at how well Riley is adapting to this program. He really doesn’t have a problem with sitting on the toilet at all. He has books in the bathroom and he will sit and look at one for up to 45 minutes. The only problem with this is that I don’t know exactly when he goes so the delayed gratification will somehow come back to bite me in the booty. Also by letting him take his sweet time we are missing the “every 15 minute rule”. C’est La Vie!

When Riley hears the timer go off, he pretty much knows that it’s time for the bathroom and darts in there. He’s also gotten really good at telling me “finished” and wiping that hinny. I feel like he’s been a little “off” because another child is here today and I am sure that Riley has been getting jealous of my time. He actually screamed at me the other day when I was talking with Kristen. It was a scream like, “She is mine and I don’t want you messing with her!” We both noticed it. Also, he has said, “Maaaaad” alot. Still to have all that going on, he is still doing wonderfully with potty training!!

UPDATE:
Riley has just been to the bathroom twice in the last hour and I think I am going to have to start sitting in there with him. I think, but I’m not sure, that he just faked me out twice to get gummys. He called out, “Finished”, wiped his hinny, flushed, then asked for gummys. I didn’t see a lot of yellow in the toilet but I gave them to him anyway. What a little phony! I was wondering if he would try this just to get treats. I gotta give him credit and if this little ploy is going to keep him interested in going, than maybe that’s not so bad. I am going to monitor the situation a lot better from here on out.

8:15 I woke him up with a FULL pull up of fresh pee

8:30 Sat on the toilet while I was on the phone. Very interested in his Shape book. He finally said, “Finished” and I discovered PEE! Time of Pee: 9:10 I am not kidding!

9: 35 No Pee or Poop

10:10 No Pee or Poop

10:22 Poop and pee in underwear. I smiled and made him clean it up.

11:05 No Pee or Poop

11:20 Lots of Pee! He was so happy with himself!

11:45 No Pee or Poop....We are getting in good practice of bathroom skills

12:30 1st fake-out appears to have happened...I can’t be sure

12:55 2nd fake-out incident...hmmmmm. now I am definitely catching on

TO SUM THIS UP:

There were 3 big successes and 4-5 accidents. To be positive, we had a BIG win when we were sitting in the car waiting for Kylie and Katelyn after school. We waited about 30 minutes and with about 8 minutes left to go, Riley said, “Pee-Pee? (pause) Poo-Poo?” I told him to hold it and after we got home set him on the toilet. Poop and pee immediately. YEA!!!!!
That’s the best thing that happened yesterday.

No comments: